Sunday, November 20, 2011

Snickers Brownies


These are amazing.  So amazing in fact, that I have somehow sneaked it into my list of desserts I'm bringing to Thanksgiving dinner.  Which, by the way, is THIS WEEK.  How did I miss this?!


Ok, here's the thing.  I made dozens of Halloween cookies for the blog, but hated. every. one.  I didn't want to post any of them.  Sure my friends liked them, and they tasted pretty yummy [I've been using Sugarbelle's sugar cookie recipe, and I gotta say, I'm loving it!].  Anyway, I couldn't bring myself to post any of the pictures.  I made these before Halloween and planned on posting it around then too...but you know how these things go.  I was going to make it up to you guys by having a gazillion different Thanksgiving/fall cookies ready for the blog before Thanksgiving.  And then I had a heart attack when I realized its in like, 4 days.  What?!  All I've been thinking about are Christmas cookies too.  Talk about getting ahead of myself.  One of these days, I'll actually consult a calendar and PLAN my posts out ahead of time.  Usually, I just find yummy stuff, bake it, and take pictures of the process, just in case I like it enough to post it.



Back to this recipe.  Perfect, perfect, perfect.  I loved them.  I didn't want to share them.  I did, but grudgingly and not at all like a good sport.  They are so delicious.  I don't know what they have to do with Thanksgiving, but I'm glad they made the list!  Bonus?  You can use left over Halloween candy for them!

I found this recipe on Baking Addiction, which is an awesome blog!  I barely tweaked with the recipe, mostly because I never buy unsweetened chocolate.  I'm a semi-sweet kinda gal. 

Snickers Brownies by My Baking Addiction
Makes: 12
Ingredients:

  • 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped [I love using my food processor for this. No joke, that is the ONLY time I've ever used it.  Still worth every penny.]
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 12 Fun Size Snickers, cut into fourths

Directions:
Prevent oven 350.

Prepare 8x8 baking pan with foil and cooking spray.

Melt butter and chocolate [I used a large bowl on top of a boiling pot of water, but you can melt at 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between.]
Whisk in sugar, eggs, extract, salt.
Gradually add flour, stirring until just combined.

Spread half the batter, layer with chopped Snickers, and pour the other half of batter on top.
Bake 30-35 minutes [mine took several minutes longer! But still came out perfect.]
Cool, cut, eat, cry from awesomeness, eat.

2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome...Yummy one..A must to try..

    Do visit my blog sometime..

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is SUPER good! I think you can use any brownie recipe, this one did taste particularly good though :) I love using blocks of chocolate vs powdered.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so please feel free to leave one! Unless you are spam. If you're spam, I'll still read it, but I won't love reading it. I'll grudgingly read it, and complain the whole time.